Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Circle of Certainty

I went swimming in the Atlantic Ocean today. It was a spontaneous decision. I went with my roommate Heather and her friends (who are becoming my friends too!) Silver and Bear.
There were tons of Hermit Crabs that we had to navigate our way through.
It was salty and cool. It was wonderful. It was a totally New England day, with the sun setting and all the families swimming and eating dinner on their beach towels and camp chairs. There were dogs and babies. It was wonderful.
School is tough and challenging and intense. I have been busy and fried. I have made some friends and even done some studying at a coffee shop while listening to spoken word. I have read some amazing articles and read some horrible articles. My teacher this week challenges me and makes me challenge him right back.
I am thinking of doing a dual track: micro and macro (Lisa, if you are reading this don't call me a hypocrite!) I have to talk to my adviser about that.
Overall- things are great. I haven't missed California much. I do miss my peeps and the work I was doing. I am anxious to get started on my internship. I miss people of color. I miss burritos at Pancho Villa. I miss my SF roommies. I am loving the beer and the lobster. I am loving being near Kristen and Vince and Mike. I am loving my new roommie and my new school friends.
I have to write why I need to be a social worker and draw a picture that illustrates it. This is kinda hard. But all I know is, I HAVE to do it. Its my passion.

"People can and will make change, if given the ability to do so." --- I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment